Sweater to Shawl

I bought a sweater for a dollar at the Goodwill - ivory, shetland wool. It unraveled quite nicely! I dyed the wool in easter egg dye, and tried to achieve a gradual transition from the yellow dye to the purple dye, but as you can see, there's quite a jolt from the reds to the greens. Each skein was dyed half in one color, and half in the other color, and the skeins were graduated as follows - #1 was yellow and light pink. #2 was light pink, and dark pink. #3 was dark pink and red... and so forth to the last skein, which was blue and purple. I had a great time knitting this shawl, but honestly, I'm not a shawl kinda gal, so I doubt if I'll ever wear it. It was a fun project anyway! If you click on the photo, you'll see a larger photo, and you'll be able to see the color better.

Here's a link to the pattern Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl.



2 comments:

Julie R. said...

Rosemary --

That shawl is STUNNING!! I love that you paid $1 for the yarn and then dyed it yourself. Simply gorgeous!

Dogmommy4 said...

Hi Rosemary,
I wouldn't be ashamed to wear that shawl anywhere. It's quite lovely. I have a few friends who have made wonderful finds at local thrift stores - one found a really nice thick alpace sweater that sill had the tags!

Tally Ho!
Ginny