Grace's Chullo Hat

.
.

Grace got this hat kit (from Knitpicks) and jumped right in. Never mind that she'd never done any colorwork before, never mind that *I* haven't done any color work before - she simply loved this pattern and couldn't wait to get started.

It took her about a week from start to finish.

She didn't like the way the applied I-cord was written in the pattern, so she figured out a different way of doing it. (Please, disregard the un-worked-in ends - these were taken care of after the pix were taken. oops)
This was a "choose your own adventure" sort of pattern, and according to Grace, it was fun to work.

It came out great, don't you think?
.
.
.

9 comments:

fleegle said...

Yes, I think! It's adorable!

Pensguys said...

OH! I'm jealous!!!!!!! that is gorgeous! Maybe I need to not be afraid and jump on into color work too!

Shepherd's Loft said...

what a great hat! It knit up nicely.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Great work, Grace! I love color work, personally. I've not done a lot, but have enjoyed what I have done. I also love the style of Chullo hats. :)

Jessim said...

Wow- that looks fantastic. I'm about done with mine and am scouring blogs to find others- I love the patterns she chose for the different sections. It's such an awesome hat, and SO quick.

Wernicke Margit said...

This hat is gorgeous!
take care margit

Beverly said...

She did a fabulous job. There's a lot to be sad for jumping into a project with no knowledge of any preset expectations or limitations. Too bad the kit isn't for sale anymore.

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Beverly! Yup, that's my Grace - she jumps in with both feet, no matter what the project. That's really too bad that the kit isn't for sale any more - it's a great kit. Quite a value. The yarn (Pallette) is very nice, too. I wonder why they quit it?

Jordan Sneakers said...

The new line is absolutely stunning! I have been so entertained by your blog,keep smiling and take care!